For weeks, we have been filling your inbox with information about the transition to remote learning due to COVID-19. In less than a month, we are all faced with the reality and uncertainty of COVID-19 which may have you feeling all sorts of emotions as you grapple with balancing a new way of learning and a new way of living. While we all may be separated by distance, you are not alone. Please continue to reach out to your LSUA support system.
Below are resources you might find useful during this time.
- Stay in the know. Visit the following website for Coronavirus Information and Updates from LSUA.
- Wi-Fi Access. There's a free, public LSUA Wifi hotspot on campus located in Parking Lot 6. If you need an internet connection, you can come to campus, connect to the network "LSUA-BoNipper-Hotspot", without having to leave your vehicle. Click here to learn more information about the free public wifi at LSUA. In addition, click here for a list of public Wifi areas in the state.
- New to Moodle or need a refresher. Below is a quick student guide and a link to Moodle articles on our IET Knowledge base.
- Online exam proctoring. Below are student guides on the online-proctoring services that your instructor may use in your course.
- Zoom Web Meetings. Below are helpful articles on using Zoom.
- Online Tutoring Support. As an LSUA student, you will receive 10 free hours of online tutoring. Visit the website below to learn more.
- Emotional Support. Contact one of your LSUA counselors. https://www.lsua.edu/campus-life/dose/counseling
- Emergency Text Messages - Make sure your emergency contact information is up to date.
- Technical issues. Submit a Help Desk ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org